The z/Transaction Processing Facility (z/TPF) is an IBM operating system that is designed for processing of high volumes of transactions from large numbers of concurrent users at a very fast rate (with very fast response times). z/TPF is used in many business enterprises that require this level of processing power, including but not limited to airlines, railways, banks and hotels.
z/TPF can easily process tens of thousands of transactions per second online, and ensures highly reliable, continuous (24×7) across large, geographically dispersed networks.
TPF Software is a world leader in providing development tools for z/TPF. These include:
The zTPFGI Suite
The zTPFGI Suite is a suite of products that work together to provide an end-to-end solution for coding, testing, debugging, analyzing, and fine-tuning z/TPF applications. The zTPFGI Suite is comprised of zTPFGI, zQDC, zTREX, zAutomations and DF Explorer; as well as the optional zRTF and zTTFS.
zTPFGI provides a graphical interface for managing source, editing code, building, loading to a system, testing and debugging z/TPF application.
zAutomation is a resource (VPARS) manager. It does this by dynamically bringing up and allocating VPARS as needed and by putting to sleep VPARS that are not being used.
DF Explorer is a graphical tool for browsing TPFDF. One can browse, add, remove or modify LRECS.
zTREX (Transaction Recording and Examination for z/TPF) is a performance analysis tool. It collects memory, I/O and program usage data at the transaction, ECB, Program and File levels. The collected data can be analyzed, compared and reported on using the intuitive graphical interface.
zQDC (Quality Data Collection for z/TPF)
zQDC streamlines Quality Assurance testing by allowing the QA team to run only the scripts that include the test programs; saving CPU consumption and time.
zRTF (Regression Test Facility for z/TPF)
zRTF is a regression test tool. The impact of proposed changes can be tested on z/TPF before the changes are made production.
zTTFS (TPF to TPF Function Server for z/TPF and TPF)
zTTFS is a connectivity manager that provides access to remote resources and allows limited resources to be efficiently shared between multiple programmers.
The zTPFGI Suite is a true end-to-end solution for coding, testing, debugging, analyzing, and fine-tuning your z/TPF applications. This product design bases on a client-server architecture, wherein the presentation (client) is on the PC runningMicrosoft Windows and the servers are a combination of z/VM, z/LINUX and z/TPF.
The z/TPF Challenge:
The advent of z/TPF has increased the potential of TPF applications, but it has also multiplied the complexity of development. Fortunately, the zTPFGI Suite provides a framework of tools that helps not just developers, but the entire organization, handle this new complexity while boosting productivity.
zTPFGI Suite is built upon the proven products for TPF application development, like TPF/GI and TPF/IDE. It provides a look and feel that is similar to the ease of use of these products, but moves away from the simulated TPF environment provided by those products and instead runs on real z/TPF.
zTPFGI Suite includes:
- Integrated IDE & Debugger: Edit, compile, build, load SOs or programs; debug at source & ECB levels; Includes text & binary editors, file compare tool, language-based help.
- Terminal Emulation: Employ ALC, LOC 3270, zLinux, z/TPF, and VM terminals.
- Loadsets: Activate loadsets selectively & system-wide; share loadsets, SOs & members.
- DF Insight: Inspect & Edit TPFDF during debugging.
- Projects: Customizable project support.
- Add-Ins: Embed SCMs & other web-based tools.
- Message Run: Execute files of input commands; faster QA/testing setup.
- Performance Analysis: Record, analyze & compare transaction data.
- Asynchronous Trace: Intercept & debug messages from outside of zTPFGI.
- Logging Tools: Log, annotate, & share data; log terminal I/O; log & analyze trace output; capture ECB activity & screen