News & Events
Jan 26, 2016.
TSI Presents the DevOps@TPF Symposium, Jan 26-27,2016
We are pleased to announce that the TPF Software Inc., ("TSI") is hosting the DevOps@ TPF Symposium, from January 26-27, 2016, at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, 4021 Lakeview Dr, Stone Mountain, GA 30083.
The purpose of the symposium is to share knowledge on DevOps concepts and educate our customers.
DevOps aims to:
- Employ collaboration and consistent development practices between the various functional teams, including Development, Testing, Quality Assurance, and Operations teams, within an organization in order to ensure reliable, repeatable software deployment.
- Provide better visibility of IT operations and allows monitoring of operations during the development and testing phases of the development life-cycle for early understanding of the operational behaviour of human resources and automated procedures.
While the general DevOps concepts described is workable in an Open System environment (i.e. references to Servers, etc.,) our underlying objective of the symposium is to try and develop the same concepts and advantages for the Mainframe/TPF world.
This program is designed for customers at all levels who are interested in the DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) concepts.
The agenda includes large group discussions and small group discussions. Sessions will cover the topics on DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Testing Automation, and the industry experts will address questions and talk about the future trends in the field.
Day-1 (Tuesday, January 26th, 2016):
- Introduction to DevOps
- Keynote Address by Andrew Phillips
- TSI's Partner Product Demo
- Customer Presentations
Day-2:(Wednesday, January 27th, 2016):
The below brainstorming, break-out sessions are planned for 150 minutes between 8:30 am to 11:00 am.
- Continuous Delivery (Code, Build, Unit Test)
- Continuous Delivery (Release & Deployment)
- Test Automation & Metrics to measure DevOps's success
We look forward to making this symposium a knowledge sharing session for our customers and others attending the technical conference, to learn about the latest process methodologies and technologies - from DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery to Testing Automation.
Besides our normal technical events, attendees will have access to a variety of activities covering a large range of interests, and can discuss any initial ideas with the industry experts over drinks.
All in all, attending our symposium presents an excellent learning opportunity for the attendees and customers to become familiar with the latest DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) concepts, so as to overcome the IT challenges ahead and accelerate the time to market, in order to remain competitive in the continued challenging industry environment.
Some useful links include:
We will be tweeting throughout the symposium using #devopstpf.
January 26th to 27th 2016