It’s advanced feature include, but not limited to:
- Allows to trace ALCS application programs at the source level
- Records all macros and instructions that are traced during current sessions
- Easily customizable
- Intuitive to use
ALCS/GI has an intuitive and highly interactive interface, which allows the programmers to effectively debug the ALCS applications in a much simpler way. This provides you the capabilities to work with multiple windows within the same application, and makes great intuitive use of color coding to differentiate between the changes in the ECB states. This change of color feature highlights the errors, and helps us in quickly and easily debugging the problems, reducing the debugging time to a great extent.
It can be easily customized with respect to the toolbars, based on the user preference.
The prominent features and benefits of ALCS/GI include the following:
- Intuitive, and user-friendly GUI
- Powerful Source level trace
- Visualization of programs while tracing with current executing statement highlighted
- Set break points
- Advanced trace options while doing source view trace – Run to break point, Run slow, branch to cursor etc.
- View / edit assembler expressions
- Switch on machine instruction display to know what is happening behind a macro call or SPM
- Varied color usage for differentiating editable/non-editable fields and any changes in ECB state
- Allows for input message recording and playback
- View TPFDF Information
- Include panels to display core area
- Ability to view and edit ALCS core / records
- Tracing created ECBs, and Production and Test programs in two terminals
- Asynchronous trace
- Message Log / Message Capture / Message run
- Trace output viewer and Visual Log
- Easy to customize (like customizable tool bar), based on user preference
- Quick access to commands frequently used while tracing
DF Explorer forms a part of the ALCS Suite or can be purchased alone.
- ALCSGI Overview Presentation
- ALCSGI Leaflet
Testimonials View all
I've been tracing with ALCS/GI for a long time and find it an invaluable trace tool providing much more flexibility than before. I then found the old trace tool slow, cumbersome and frustrating as I needed to recall and apply all the trace entry formats again.Senior Technical Specialist,
New Zealand, Leading Airline .